Bethlehem, NY

rmontez

Bethlehem, NY

Postby rmontez » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 am

Anyone in the area of Bethlehem NY that can help with a litle hunting advice? The company I work for in Wisconsin recently made a purchase of 61 acres of land in Bethlehem and I thought maybe it was time for a road trip for bow hunting. I've never hunted outside of WI so it seemed like a possibility. It was purchased from a farmer so maybe it is 61 acres of field and not worth making a trip for hunting? Just curious if anyone is from that area? How large of an area is that population wise? Is it more rural or country setting?

Thanks in advance
Rene

bobow

Re: Bethlehem, NY

Postby bobow » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 am

I don't know the area but I think if you can find out exactly where the land is, then see if you can find aerial photos with Google Earth or something similar.

That would be a good start, IMO.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks bobow, I did get on google maps but the way they show the property it is devided by a road and from the description of the purchasing contract it is one track of land. Eventually I will just make a trip out there. It may be worth it so I can spend some time with the local DNR and see whay the fees are for out of state hunters. May not even be worth it?

Thanks again

Rene

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:13 pm

rmontez wrote:It may be worth it so I can spend some time with the local DNR and see whay the fees are for out of state hunters. May not even be worth it?

This link should get you the costs: http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6397.html
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks for that info. That price isn't too bad for bow hunting..

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 am

If I'm right ...that's in Albany County? here's the DEC list of state lands to hunt as well in that area

Albany County

Black Creek Marsh. 287 acres, wetland, hiking trails, parking lot, bird watching, snowshoeing, hunting, fishing and trapping. This WMA is located in the Towns of Guilderland and New Scotland. To reach the area from Voorheesville, take NYS Route 156 north, turn right on Kling Terrace, go to the end to reach state land or take NYS Route 156 north 2 ½ miles, turn right on County Route 202, go 3/10 mile to the state land.

Margaret Burke. 246 acres, upland, parking lot, birdwatching, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hunting and trapping. This WMA is located in the Town of Knox. To reach the area from Knox, take NYS Route 156 east 2 miles, turn right on County Route 254, go about ½ mile to the state land.

Partridge Run. 4594 acres, upland, hiking trails, parking lot, birdwatching, cross-county skiing, snowshoeing, hunting, fishing and trapping. This WMA is located in the Town of Berne. To reach the area from Rensselaerville, take NYS Route 85 north one mile, turn left on County Route 6, go 3 miles to state land.

Louise Keir. 119 acres, upland, parking lot, birdwatching, snowshoeing, hunting and trapping. This WMA is located in the Town of Coeymans. To reach the area from Coeymans Hollow, take County Route 103, north 3 miles to state land.
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

windsor

Postby windsor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 am

I'm from WI, heading to my parents house in western NY near Batavia in a few weeks for my first out of state hunt. I paid $140 for my tag and bow license. The nice thing about the tag is that its good for either sex. I would like a nice buck, but will take a doe to avoid eating expensive tag soup.

ChasePhase

Postby ChasePhase » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 am

windsor wrote:I'm from WI, heading to my parents house in western NY near Batavia in a few weeks for my first out of state hunt. I paid $140 for my tag and bow license. The nice thing about the tag is that its good for either sex. I would like a nice buck, but will take a doe to avoid eating expensive tag soup.

Your chances are looking good according to this map. http://nyhuntclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=371Good luck
http://NYHuntClub.com
or Facebook us

Return to New York