2011 hunting lic

motorbreaker

2011 hunting lic

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 am

I purchased my hunting licences for turkey and deer the other day.
I couldnt believe what they gave me. A regular piece of paper printed out
from a coppy machine. how the heck are you supposed to keep these things from getting ruined from the elelments when in the woods.
It is going to be a pain in the ass trying to keep these licences readable.
when draging them through the woods attached to a deer. They should have at least came up with something to put the licence in to keep it dry and clean. Instead, they leave it up to the hunter.
Anyone have any good ideas for the tag and drag process. Because if its raining, these things will never make it.

69Viking

RE: 2011 hunting lic

Postby 69Viking » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:47 am

I buy my license online and have to print it out so what I've done is seal my licenses with clear packing tape. It's cheap and works great for protecting anything paper based you don't need to write on.

DeerAddict

RE: 2011 hunting lic

Postby DeerAddict » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 pm

They also give me a piece of paper every year. I've hunted in IN, MI, and OH, and MI is the only state that hasn't given me paper. I use packing tape like viking said, or I put the licence in a ziplock bag to put on the animal with rubber bands or tape.

Everyday Hunter

Re: 2011 hunting lic

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon May 09, 2011 6:01 pm

I folded mine up and put it in one of those little zip-lock see-thru things they sell for fishing licenses. Right now it's pinned to the inside of my turkey vest. Works great, but I hope I don't have to get it out in the rain.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Indiana does the paper license too. If you lose your license, they charge you three bucks for a duplicate. I always buy my licenses online. After filling in what licenses I want (personal info comes from your drivers license) , I tell the printer to print 3 copies. I leave one in the desk drawer at home, one in the console of my truck, and the other in my license wallet. If I lose or wreck the one in the wallet, I just pull one of my spares. If you're getting these licenses at an outlet, just scan it at home and print an extra. Remember when you used to get those cool looking licenses printed on NCR checkpaper? Them days are over.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 pm

That is crazy how they do it, I can only imagine how many people re-use the duplicates. its sad to say but true, spend the extra .10 and get good paper aimed at the states conservation govt..

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Is there a restriction not to laminate? If not, then I would. attach wire or string and use a permanant marker to fill in details. Ohio allows 1 copy to be made when ordering online (as a back up) it will ask you if you want a copy.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Everyday Hunter wrote:I folded mine up and put it in one of those little zip-lock see-thru things they sell for fishing licenses. Right now it's pinned to the inside of my turkey vest. Works great, but I hope I don't have to get it out in the rain.

Steve

That turned out not to be a good idea. Apparently the pin opened and I lost it somewhere. Does anyone know how to get a second one printed (with tags)?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:02 am

Everyday Hunter wrote:
Everyday Hunter wrote:I folded mine up and put it in one of those little zip-lock see-thru things they sell for fishing licenses. Right now it's pinned to the inside of my turkey vest. Works great, but I hope I don't have to get it out in the rain.

Steve

That turned out not to be a good idea. Apparently the pin opened and I lost it somewhere. Does anyone know how to get a second one printed (with tags)?

Steve

I,m pretty sure you can get one where ever you can buy a lic. for a fee of course.

Make sure to print coppies this time just in case.
Jake

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:55 pm

I asked ODNR about your second tag. No problem. Any tag outlet can print out a duplicate tag for a $4. 00 fee. And no one can use the one lost because ID is required. Hope it helps.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Ohio