Practice

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
bobow

Re: Practice

Postby bobow » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:34 am

rmontez wrote:through the winter I setup a little shooting range in my house, about 14 yards. Now that it is nice out I try to shoot 3 times a week. What are judo points?

Check out this thread on judo points: http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8646&p=98453&hilit=Judo+points#p98453
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 pm

I try to get out and practice a couple times a week, that usually keeps shooting as good as i want to shoot.

toxophilite

Postby toxophilite » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 pm

as soon as the weather allows i set up my practice range, i get out to sixty yards in the side yard with 3D and block targets, and my 18 target 3D course on about 10 acres, plenty of up and down hill shooting with shots from 14 yds. to 34yds. i try to keep all my stakes set at realistic hunting distances 8-)

baacke13

Postby baacke13 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:43 am

Ive really been hammering down on the practice in the past few days i shoot 2-3, 40-60 arrow sessions a day. I recently put a new sight on my bow and have had some issues with consistency, everything will be good for a while then i start to miss 6 inches low consistently, but im guessing that that is due to my work on improving my follow through and trying to stop punching the trigger, not to mention that i am still finishing recovering from a severe elbow strain in my bow arm. But im hard after it.

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:03 pm

baacke13 wrote:Ive really been hammering down on the practice in the past few days i shoot 2-3, 40-60 arrow sessions a day. I recently put a new sight on my bow and have had some issues with consistency, everything will be good for a while then i start to miss 6 inches low consistently, but im guessing that that is due to my work on improving my follow through and trying to stop punching the trigger, not to mention that i am still finishing recovering from a severe elbow strain in my bow arm. But im hard after it.

My suggestion would be that you are overdoing it. I would guess muscle fatigue might be an issue. Personally, I would shoot when everything is fine for a while and then walk away.

Just a thought.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

baacke13

Postby baacke13 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 pm

I believe it has been some of both. I adjusted my sight minimally at the start of my evening shoot tonight and my first thirty or so arrows were good but I started to get shaky later. But I was definitly punching the trigger and pulling shots low before.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting