Tre Stand Buddy?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
cullbuck

Tre Stand Buddy?

Postby cullbuck » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Anybody here use one of these? Saw an advertisement for it and wanted to know how useful it is.
http://treestandbuddy.com/
Lead traveling at over 1,000 fps has an acute toxicity that is not dose-dependent.

jonny5buck

Re: Tre Stand Buddy?

Postby jonny5buck » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:30 pm

I dont use one and never have ...unless i missed something from the video link i didnt see anything [to me ] that seemed much more ''convenient'' or would prevent theft...it looked like it still had ratchet straps to the bracket..so it could be undone in a few seconds even if the stand is locked in the mechanism...a tow chain is not only a better deterent [imo]...but i have never had a stand stolen that is chained with one...a hacksaw and bolt cutters are no match for the size chain i use....

Secondly i hoist my portable up with a 30ft 1/2 inch rope...and attach to the tree with both free hands while wearing the linesman style harness....if i were to attach the bracket i seen in the video it appears to be another step...first the bracket than the stand...while im just hanging my stand......so in my opinion it would not be something that i would neither need or would be a worthwhile investment...i have no trouble hanging my portable stands and after yrs of hanging them daily and taking down daily at most parks have mastered it to where im confident hanging a portable 20+ foot up a tree in total blackness with only a headlamp....this is just me ,but i didnt really see anything that appeared to be advantageous by using that bracket...

For me it would be too costly to put up brackets in several locations ...when my stand is down i want nothing up that signals this is where i hunt...just my 2 cents...

cullbuck

Postby cullbuck » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:13 pm

I was wondering about the same things as you. Just have a hard time seeing what it brings to the table.
Lead traveling at over 1,000 fps has an acute toxicity that is not dose-dependent.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Gentlemen, there is a very easy way to hang them. I use a closed loop of cable attached to a simple rope puley. It will cinch to any branch or around the trunk at any hight above my stand.(without tools) pull up the stand, tie off the rope, hang the stand, and the cable loop will double for a very safe attachment point for a safety harness teather.and the pull rope becomes the gear and weapon retrieval line. very simple. Hope it helps.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Tree Stands