New to the sport and i got a question????

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
charlie 01

Re: New to the sport and i got a question????

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 pm

W.W. I thought you knew better than that. I was about to jump in there too. Boy, just think of what all this new-comer has to grasp in this sport. I hope he got this last part about aiming low from an elevated position.

Practice, practice, and practice some more Central-PA.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

pgchambers

Re: New to the sport and i got a question????

Postby pgchambers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:58 am

Woods Walker wrote:
pgchambers wrote:"This will cause your arrow to shoot HIGH. So unless you set your sights from an elevated position, then yes, you may want to hold a bit high."

Not trying to start something, but If your arrow is already going to hit high, you DO NOT want to hold high as it will hit even higher. You want to hold a little low, because the arrow is going to hit higher than you expect. Trust me, you want to aim a touch lower than normal on both uphill and downhill(treestands) shots. Below is an article on this, in case you don't trust me.

http://www.loadammo.com/Topics/April04.htm

A direct quote from this article - "Just remember to always aim lower, because any slant range shot, either downhill or uphill, will be higher than if it were a horizontal shot."

However, if you have a range finder that has angle compensation, then you trust the range finder and aim dead nuts for what the range finder says.

OOOPS!!!! My bad! I did mean that you need to hold a bit LOW, not high.

Whew, I see a lot of your posts and have too much respect to have wanted to start something with you.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting