minerals, salts, ect.

Does your state have a deer regulation that defies common sense?
frank8871

minerals, salts, ect.

Postby frank8871 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:12 am

in Illinois its illegal to hunt over any of this stuff, but about a month before season starts the shelves of all the stores are stock with all of it. what gives?

bobow

Re: minerals, salts, ect.

Postby bobow » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 pm

I have wondered that myself when it is in the hunting sections of the stores. Otherwise, feed it to the farm livestock I guess.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

We here in Ohio, can hunt over bait for some thing, but not for others. Deer is ok but turkey is not. An area is concidered baited if if not removed 2 weeks before hunting season. But if you got a free meal most of the time at this pitcular tree, maybe you would try it again? Perhaps people want to set the stage abit, and get them looking for what is not there.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

frank8871

Postby frank8871 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:25 pm

yup, i understand that but i have a real hard time believing that everyone that dumps a jug of deer cocaine on the ground goes back and digs the remainder of it up and hauls it away before opening day :lol:

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Now don't tell me, you doubt the intentions of your fellow man? Why, I believe we have a rule here about innocent until PROVEN guilty....................Now just where did they dump it? Of course, you can buy fireworks as well if you sign the waiver that states you will not use them. :lol:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

frank8871

Postby frank8871 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:39 pm

sign a waiver for fireworks??

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah, if you buy them You have to state you will not use them in this state, Pretty silly if you ask me. :roll:

Return to Dumb deer laws