The Recent Equipment Issue

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
Woods Walker

The Recent Equipment Issue

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am

Good issue, with many good articles and such, but I do have ONE request/gripe............

I know that traditional archery is a very small part of the current bowhunting scene, but many of us DO hunt that way, and many of us also shoot both compound and traditional, so how's about at least ONE article in the archery/and or gear issues that cover that end of it? 
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

ranwin33

RE: The Recent Equipment Issue

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:46 am

Maybe several articles about traditional archery, then the equipment issue would at least be different from all the others.  I get several bowhunting magazines, and pretty much once you've seen one Equipment Issue, you've seen them all.  I understand why they do it, but I pretty much feel cheated since so much of the information is the same stuff presented by other magazines, just rehashed by another writer.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm

that issue is nothing but one big advertisement .it shouldn't even count as a paid issue.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:12 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

that issue is nothing but one big advertisement .it shouldn't even count as a paid issue.

Agreed.  I dont mind advertising, but i dont wanna pay for it.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 am

i agree 100% advertisement from cover 2 cover should have called it cabelas part 2
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 am

I've come to the conclusion most equipment issues are not much more than ads.  Even non-equipment issues where new products are discussed are little more than press releases for the companies involved.

I'd really like to see some true reports about equipment, where products are honestly appraised.  Field and Stream sometimes does a good job where it gives pros and cons of a product, and I find those types of reports much more useful to me. 

If you're going to tell me about a product, then tell me the truth and not just the company line.  Yes, I know these companies pay the ad bills, but there are a lot of other industries where poor products are identified for what they are.

sandcritter

Postby sandcritter » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Exactly. It's enjoyable to hear someone's experience's and opinion on something on the market. Comparison articles. But a rehash of ad copy? - pass. No use for it.

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features