Is anybody else excited about the new cwd zone hunting law??

beaverman05

Is anybody else excited about the new cwd zone hunting law??

Postby beaverman05 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:40 am

Im super excited to be able to shoot a buck first this year!!!! the last two years ive been in bow range of 3 shooter bucks but couldnt pull the triger because I didn't "earn my buck"!!! I guess I have a little bit of buck fever already with opening day a little less than a month away!! Just wondering if anybody else feels the same as me??

pgchambers

Re: Is anybody else excited about the new cwd zone hunting l

Postby pgchambers » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:25 am

If we go back to earn a buck, try and shoot a couple of does each year and carry over your EAB tags for the next year. That way you don't get stuck without one again. You can have two at a time(I only ever had two, so maybe you can have more), and they are good for one season past the season you get them. Good luck filling that buck tag this season.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

beaverman05

Postby beaverman05 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 am

i know i know. Like i said i think im coming down with a little buck fever early in the year lol... Good Luck this year

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 am

This is my first year hunting in CWD (just moved to Verona).

As I understand it, I can shoot a buck first, then shoot a doe and earn an additional buck tag. This is just in CWD; I still have my statewide buck tag.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Jimbo

beaverman05

Postby beaverman05 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:43 am

Jimbo wrote:This is my first year hunting in CWD (just moved to Verona).

As I understand it, I can shoot a buck first, then shoot a doe and earn an additional buck tag. This is just in CWD; I still have my statewide buck tag.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Jimbo

Yes this is correct! First deer is either sex... after that earn a buck applies... so basically you can shoot one buck without earning it. After that you have to shoot a doe to get a buck tag

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm

You can earn as many buck tags as you like. If you shot 20 does and no bucks then you would have 20 buck tags next year. I wish they would get rid of EAB all together but this is a start. Can't wait to be hunting the big boy this year!!
Scott

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 am

Sorry, still confused.

I went through my tags and regs again.

Looks like I only have one buck tag (archery) for the entire state. If I shot a buck in a CWD zone, I'd be tagged out statewide, but could earn a buck tag by shooting a doe in a CWD zone.

Jimbo

Hoytamania

Postby Hoytamania » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:36 pm

I am glad they finally changed the why it was set up. Yes, I agree, not exactly what I want, but a good start. My only question with it, and I haven't looked all that much into it is, I got a doe last year, so does that mean my EAB tag rolls over and I can get 2 bucks right off the bat?

Ill look into it, but I am excited for the season, got a few nice bucks running around, and its nice to know that Ill be able to shoot one if I'm lucky enough to see one.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:25 am

Hoytamania,

Yes, last year's Buck authorization tags do roll over to the 2011 season.
Good luck.

Jimbo

bouhntr

Postby bouhntr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:29 pm

if you were to shoot a buck 1st, and you don't have a buck sticker from last year, then you will have to use your statewide archery tag. if you want to shoot another buck, then you will have to shoot a doe to earn that buck sticker.I hunt in cwd up around portage and I accually had to do this because I did shoot an 8 pointer in sept. but then three days later I shot a doe. So now I have a buck sticker, so I will be able to shoot another buck. but only in cwd. good luck and hunt safe. :)
Attachments
IMAG0146[1].png
IMAG0146[1].png (179.06 KiB) Viewed 493 times

Return to Wisconsin