Why do bucks fight? Myriad reasons, of course, including hormones, aggression, defending turf and in late summer playful jousting to sort of set the pecking order among the group.
These bucks are flat-out gettin’ after it, though, and it’s a cool fight to watch between two giant deer. One is a 10-point and the other is an 8-point. Hat tip to Larry Brown for this remarkable video that shows what a few deer hunters get to witness during their lifetimes while hunting.
Find Out More About Bucks and Does
Learn more about whitetail behavior with one of the coolest and most informative DVDs ever made. Whitetail Behavior from Deer & Deer Hunting presents an exclusive look inside the mind of a white-tailed deer throughout all four seasons. View never-before-seen footage of all aspects of whitetail behavior and learn more about how deer see, smell, hear and react to danger. You’ll also learn how and why bucks react to certain stimuli during the rut.
- Never-before-seen whitetail behavior footage clips obtained by the videographers of Deer & Deer Hunting Television
- Practical and comprehensive information on the whitetail’s senses: sight, sound, smell and taste
- Expert analysis on how deer react to danger
- Exclusive video of rutting bucks making rubs, working scrapes, chasing does and battling for supremacy
- Insider tips on how and why deer communicate with each other
- Crisp, clear audio of deer vocalizations
All of these video clips, insights and instructions will help you better understand how deer behave in real hunting situations and, ultimately, will give you a step up on knowing which tactics you can use to outsmart the biggest buck of your life.