Finding two bucks with locked antlers used to be a word-of-mouth thing, one of those “Hey, did you hear about Bob saying he found those two deer down by McGillicuddy’s farm near the creek?”
Thanks to today’s social media and phones with video, we have seen more of these situations. The latest comes from the South Lake Minnetonka (Minn.) police department, which had a trio of brave officers with a Taser and electric saws to get the job done.
Brave, you ask? Yeah, we think so. Dealing with a beast of an animal, even locked up, and not knowing for sure what might happen takes some guts. Big bucks with giant antlers could do anything, even when momentarily paralyzed and incapacitated by the Taser.
Kudos to the officers for not just shooting the deer, as some would do. Even if it was exhausted from dragging around the other buck, which was dead, at least after being freed it had a chance to survive.
Hat tip on the video to LiveLeak.com. Check out the photos below of the incident:
Find Out More About Bucks and Does
Learn more about whitetail behavior with one of the coolest and most informative DVDs ever made. Whitetail Behavior from Deer & Deer Hunting presents an exclusive look inside the mind of a white-tailed deer throughout all four seasons. View never-before-seen footage of all aspects of whitetail behavior and learn more about how deer see, smell, hear and react to danger. You’ll also learn how and why bucks react to certain stimuli during the rut.
- Never-before-seen whitetail behavior footage clips obtained by the videographers of Deer & Deer Hunting Television
- Practical and comprehensive information on the whitetail’s senses: sight, sound, smell and taste
- Expert analysis on how deer react to danger
- Exclusive video of rutting bucks making rubs, working scrapes, chasing does and battling for supremacy
- Insider tips on how and why deer communicate with each other
- Crisp, clear audio of deer vocalizations
All of these video clips, insights and instructions will help you better understand how deer behave in real hunting situations and, ultimately, will give you a step up on knowing which tactics you can use to outsmart the biggest buck of your life.