New young archer bow

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
charlie 01

New young archer bow

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:00 am

Have a grandson who has suddenly taken an interest in archery. Have 2- PSE Nova bows that I have graduated from and thought I would have one set up for him. Talked to the local archery shop pro and he said it could be done with a string change and some adjustments. So while I'm trying to decide which Nova to use, I was looking through my latest Bass Pro archery cataloge and I spotted a dual cam compound bow by Bear archery called the "Outbreak". It is completly adjustable without the use of a bow press. Draw length is adjustable from 16" to 30", and draw weight is from 15 to 70 lbs.. By itself the cost is $299.99, and with a ready to hunt package it's 399.99, which I think is a pretty good deal. Anyway it's purchased and soon to arrive. At least with this bow he can grow with it, and without any hassels. So I thought I would pass this along in case anyone has an up and coming new commer to the sport.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

pgchambers

Re: New young archer bow

Postby pgchambers » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 am

You won't regret the purchase. I got a similar bow(made by Mission) for my daughter, and it was great. Her poundage was changing weekly and her draw length yearly, so it was really nice to make quick adjustments and keep shooting. It was way worth the money, and she won't need a new bow until she is ready to buy her own.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Does she use a release? If so, did you pick out one for her or did you go to a shop and let her pick out one that she was comfortable with?

This particular bow is 80% let off, and I don't see any reason why it can't be his one and only bow for his hunting life.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
She did get to pick out her own release. I have extras she could get away with, but I want her thinking about as little as possible about things like that when shooting. She could definitely use this bow for life, but I might steer her towards a single cam once her growth and strength levels out.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting